WTB 1957 T-Bird fuel pump

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Buckley

Buckley

Just Buckley
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to rebuild my fuel pump on my 57 but it is a 6 to 8 week wait to get it re built. I bought a new one to use until I could get my original done, but when I received it it was clocked wrong, so reclocked it but it would not work. Ordered a second fuel pump and same thing happened. Called Larrys and Concourse auto parts and they are sold out and back ordered for 2 to 4 weeks. Apparently a bad batch of pumps were made and they are trying to figure out the glitch. Anyone have any Ideas on finding an original rebuild, or a new non original pump? Any suggestions appreciated. Would love to drive my bird while summer is still here.

Parts wanted (like a fuel pump) go in the parts wanted area of the site. Moving now.

i used to have trouble with the dual diaphram fuel pumps. i would end up mounting a small electric fuel pump inside the frame rail for more reliability and leave the stock pump to handle the vacuum wipers

This is more than a parts wanted. This is a big problem which i am glad to hear about because i just ordered a fuel pump from concors.
Good luck with that. They told me today that there is a big problem with the current batch. If it is clocked incorrectly don't even try to install.I think you will be wasting your time.

This is more than a parts wanted.

I don't know why everyone is so "hell-bent" on posting discussions about parts wanted/for sale outside the parts/wanted for sale area. When I see a post that says " Anyone have any Ideas on finding an original rebuild " That is clearly someone looking for a part and it goes in the parts wanted/for sale area.

Also, people asking where the parts for sale/wanted area is located. It's right on the home page of the website. Don't understand how in the world anyone could not see it.

Hill's has new and rebuilt pumps but you have to call on pricing for the rebuilt. CASCO also has pumps and also a rebuild kit with diaphragms and such. I'm thinking of redoing mine because it's so old and who knows what ethanol has done to it. Finall found a close source of non-ethanol fuel.

My 57 fuel pump is leaking from A weep hole just above the fuel diaphragm so I assume that ethanol has finally taken it's toll . Casco hasn't had a rebuilt for a while, but they do have a rebuild kit for under $4.00. Has anybody rebuilt theirs with this kit?

If the 57 uses a single action pump that only pumps fuel, then it is painfully easy to rebuild. Mark the orientation and make sure the diaphragm is ethanol resistant.

Back