WTB 1955 trunk mat or carpet

JRH

JRH

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1955 my car doesn't have a mat or carpet in the trunk. What is the correct one? Suppliers offer both but don't know what to order. Any suggestions would be awesome.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I got mine from Auto Custom Carpets, but in my case I replaced the rubber trunk mat with the Burtex (even though technically, my early 56 is supposed to have the rubber...I like the looks of the Burtex way better! :)).

BTW, the Burtex ones are WAY better than the fleece ones.

But, I think for a 55, it's supposed to be the black rubber mat. Someone else may chime in with a supplier for that, if that's the way you go.

Yes, the 55 OEM trunk mat was/is black rubber. A reproduction black mat is available, but it's considerably more expensive than the reproduction plaid mats for late 56-57. Although my original black mat is in good shape, I bought trunk carpet from Larry's. The original trunk is pretty much Plain Jane as it comes from Ford.

Back