worth the wait gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
L
Does anyone know how many of us received the worth the wait gift boxes. I'm pretty sure it was only with 2002 orders. There were 5 gifts all together. Will they be worth something to collectors?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

In the eight years I've been on the forum, I've never seen a quantity tied to the "Manage the Wait" sets distributed, but it would be interesting to know.
You are correct, these were only given out in 2002, to those who ordered their car very early and then production got delayed, and delivery dates were not available.
As for value, I would guess they are only worth what someone would pay for them. I believe the last I saw was $250-$300, if my memory is correct

Last edited:
LadyB

I contacted a real TBIRD officianado and asked the same question. Posted below is the response:

"George,
We asked in the past but no one involved at Ford with the sets had a definitive answer. We were told up to 10,000. I guess we will never really know.
Not all dealers cared to enroll their customer orders in the program since it cost them extra money. There were dealers that did not know about the program.
They already are worth more than the $50 it cost the dealers to order the set. They usually run between $150 and $300 depending on the color of the car that came in the 4th box."

So there you have it. I'm surprised that there may have been up to 10,000. That would keep the price down. But, I'm glad I have two sets:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back