WIXOM Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluetbird2002

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I live in Novi, Mi (5 miles from the Wixom plant). How do I contact Dave Davis to arrange a tour? I started as 10 of 17 and was notified last week that I am now 3rd on the list. I would lve to see my own bird built.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dave's number is 248-344-5359. You will probably get his answering machine, but he is good about getting back to you. I wouldn't call him until you have a vin.
Chris

bluetbird2002

They do the tours in the am
frown.gif

Seeing as I work afternoons I never get the opportunity to meet anyone (that and they don't let people tour paint).

Please let me know your impressions of your car when you get it.

Thanks

I'm going to Wixom for the plant tour in 3 weeks.

Any of you who have gone....do you have any specific tips, ideas, or thoughts on must see's things tomake the visit most worthwhile.....as if seeing 100's of new TBirds is not as good as it gets.
Thanks

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

Photos of the plant, cars, and people who are making them (if Ford would allow it) would be nice for those of us who are unlikely to make the tour.

joelja, get a pic of Pooh if you can.Then post it . would like to be able to see the people that are helping us out here.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Gobird, many posters who work for Ford would rather retain anonymity because of alleged reprisals against those who make comments critical of the company. Not that Wixompooh ever has or is worried about it, but just to let you know...

tr , I understand.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Pooh - I took my tour at 1:00 in September, and at that time was told we couldn't see paint. We were very disappointed. Wanted to see you and your friends.

Anyone going on the tour should try to arrange a day close to your car's completion date. It's great seeing your VIN number on a car that's nearly complete, and you will get to drive in a few days. I think the Wixom workers got a charge out of seeing our excitement. They were grinning as much as we were. Dave can sometimes help you get pretty close to the best time.

Also, if you drive past the visitor entrance about a 1/4 mile, you will see the lot containing all of the Birds.

TIP is doing his tour this week. He may have some newer information and suggestions after he returns.

Chris

Tr

You are correct
smile.gif
I have never really hid the fact that I participate in the board. Just last week I got the "blessing" of the big boss
smile.gif

Birdbrain

They usually don't allow tours to come through paint because of a contamination issue. Although I must admit its quite a site to see rough metal go through the process of turing into a shiny car
smile.gif
I know I was amazed when I first started working over there.

I did meet up with T02 Bird the night before he took his tour
smile.gif

Thanks to all who have replied. I am getting anxious to receive my bird but would settle for getting to see to plant. How often do they do the tours? How far in advance do you need to "reserve" a spot? How long are the tours? Are camera permitted? Is there any reason, if you are close enough, that you cannot return for a second tour when your bird is actully being made?

I left a message for David Davis this morning, but haven't heard back yet, so I thought I would "ask the experts.

------------------

When I went, the tour was scheduled for an hour and one-half, tho I think we were there just a bit longer. You can take a camera, but they require two things. 1, don't take any pictures of workers without their permission (except for long shots), and 2, Do not publish the pictures in any way, including putting them on the web.

My car was in paint when I was there, so I did not get the see it, but he tour was well worth it anyway.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

I spoke to Dave Davis today about making a tour at the plant. He said that would not be a problem and he will let me know what day would be the best as far as seeing my car on the production line.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full Blue/ Premium/VIN 121065

I have a tour set up for 12:30 on Wednesday June 6/02 my Blue / Blue Canadian 119877 will be on the line. There is another couple from Ohio touring with us.
I will get their info if they are not on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back