wiper linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geoff Fairfax

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
The driver side wiper appears to be loose in its pivot mount. The passenger side pivot mount is tight. Can you Tbird owners wiggle your driver side wiper to see if this pivot mount is supposed to be loose. Otherwise I am going to have to remove the wipers and plastic cowl to investigate further.

Thanks,
Geoff

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Geoff, no movement at all on mine

Geoff: Be careful our wipers have auto-park so you must disconnect the battery first. :confused: I'll try to find the de-install pdf file for you before you start, because it sounds like the problem is below the cowl cover.
Hang on a while......

Geoff: I have the PDF file but when I go to attach it a note comes up that I have exceed my limit for attachments.

I'll try to get it to you via email, if I still have your email address, sorry

BTW, while you have it apart under there, if you have a lot of miles or dusty roads, you may want to install a new cabin air filter, from your friendly Ford dealer. If so here's the install instructions I saved for future reference:
Replacing cabin air filter, copied for future ref.:

To install your Cabin Filter just follow these directions.
Your manual should say where it is located, under the cowl cover
The plugs that need to be removed from the cover to get to the filter.
These are the push pins in the center of the main plugs that hold this cover in place. Take a small screw driver and push the center of the pin downward and then lift out the entire plug. You will then be able to lift the cover up far enough to slide the old filter out. There is no need to remove the entire plastic cover, just lift on the left side of it and pull out the filter.
There is a tab on each side of the filter. Just lift each tab on the left and right and the filter will slide out of the slot it is in. Reverse this process when installing the new filter.
There is rubber windshield molding. The plastic cover must be snapped back into place on the firewall side and the rubber molding strip on the windshield fit flush with the windshield.
This should only take about 10 to 15 minutes to do the whole thing. That is after you find a filter.
George, I would take out five clips. Just makes it a little easier. And it is on the passengers side.

OTHER INFO FOUND:

The trim at the base of your windshield MUST be seated properly or you could get a flapping vibration noise (or Buzz) when driving. If you do,
To fix - take that trim partially off - you'll need to carefully remove the buttons holding the trim down (you'll need to lift the hood to get to them.
Then reinstall the trim so that all the clips on the underside of the trim and properly clipped in. Not sure how many clips you'll have to reseat. Once those are in place, the trim along the windshield should fit flat against the windshield and your buzz should be gone. (the speed at which the buzz occurs is the giveaway as to it's cause)

Last edited:
Geoff, I found your email address and sent the data to you. Good luck:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back