Wiper buzzing when off 86 tbird

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
my 86 tbird’s wipers work fine when on, but when turned off they will not lower to the “sleep” position and you can here a high pitched buzz from around the fuse box. Any ideas how to fix this?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

sounds like it is getting stuck trying to go into the "sleep" position. I don't know if there is a relay that is part of the wiring but that could be buzzing. I would suspect the problem is mechanical. Maybe something is loose or bushing worn or broken so it is not functioning correctly and the relay is not getting a proper signal to shut off the power. Just a guess on my part.

They might not be parking all the way when parked position . pull the wiper arms down closer to the bottom of the windshield and see if the buzzing stops. If it does you might have to take off the wiper arms and re position them

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Take off both wiper blade arms or angel them out where they're not touching the windshield. Turn the switch off and see if it quits buzzing. If it does you might have to reposition the wiper arms when putting them back on. They might be going down too far towards the bottom of the windshield and not letting them shut off. If this doesn't work i'd say it's a bad switch

Thanks ...pretty sure its not a mechanical issue. What ever tells them to rest is what I need tofigure out.

I think only the switch and motor control it. It's got to be one or the other

Back