Windshield Washer Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Check to see if the line to the nozzle is pinched

It happened to me.

Tom M

But Tom, did you get it fixed? Did they tell you what was replaced? We need details please

As I recall I just straightened out the line...

...and carefully shut the hood.

Sorry I don't recall more details, this was 3 or 4 years ago.

Tom M

Kink? I don't see where a kink is posted/mentioned. Is my machine messed up?

I said "pinched" in my subject line

I meant the same as kinked.

The idea is that the washer lines are meant to bend as the hood closes, not kink. Obviously if they kink it doesn't matter if the pump runs, you get no (or very little) fluid. If the lines get displaced from their proper position then it's easy for them to kink. Putting them back in the right place generally cures the problem, but once the lines kink they like to keep doing that so you may have to replace them.

One thing I should have mentioned - try standing by the front of the car while having someone else run the washer with the engine not running. You should be able to hear the pump running if it's working.

Also sometimes the washer nozzles get clogged with dirt, wax, etc. You can clean these out with a pin or high pressure air blown down the line. I doubt that is the issue here though if both washers quit at the same time.

Tom M

Thanks for the clarification and info Tom

I am about to change out the pump on the wife's 2004, I think I may need to do it from the bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back