Window Sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.
57 bluebird

57 bluebird

VIP Contributor
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I was looking at the window sticker from my car, and was wonering if any knows the meaning of the numbers on the bottom line. my is 2A041 N RA 240 003480 01 04 02,
I think it has something to do with delivery. The last 6 number look like a date, shipping?, delivery?, built date?
Also is there a way , aside from the standard equipment listed, to tell a Deluxe from Premium from the sticker?

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(ok so I sold it 2 months ago)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

would help to decode it if you would tell us when your car was delivered & it's sequence #; also, have you compared the other numbers with the codes on your door tag? It does look like a date on the end and those window stickers are placed on the car at the end of the line at the factory so could very well be the date they reached the end of the line.

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16-15 the New T-bird

I was just wondering, not that important, I do not have a delivery date aaand thought maybe that was it.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(ok so I sold it 2 months ago)

didn't answer your question on the delux/premium issue - don't know what's on the sticker but main difference between a deluxe and premium are the wheel styles.

traction control can be ordered on the delux models with the hardtops so that could also be a clue as it's probably listed in the options on the deluxe model and as standard equipment on the premiums.

Perhaps someone who has their vehicle can see if the engine emissions calibration level (under the hood) matches a series of digits on the label. The 003480 looks like the build sequence number.

Assuming the Red Bird Dlx was built today, I may know for sure in a few weeks. Duane

Looking at my sticker and knowing my car got to the dealer in December 2001 I have the last six digits as 12 05 01...I too would assume this to be the build date.

Flair

The last six digits aren't the build date either because my sticker has 01 10 02 on it, and I was at the plant on that date. My car didn't come down the line until a week later. It went through final assembly on 01/18/02. Maybe this is the date the car gets started for assembly? How about Redbird? Do you have any info to shed light on this for us?

KB

The window and body stickers are printed in advance with projected dates assuming production is not delayed. Also, units can sit around for awhile on quality hold before shipping. I can check the actual date most units were built.

-

redbird,
if you can check the actual build date, would not a Ford dealer service manager also be able to check that date when a car comes in for service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back