Window indexing made easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After work the other day when the S.E. Michigan temp was at it's lowest, -14, I noticed that my passenger side window did not index up. A peek into the owner's manual says to raise the window and hold the switch button down for 2 seconds. Works well again!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

After work the other day when the S.E. Michigan temp was at it's lowest, -14, I noticed that my passenger side window did not index up. A peek into the owner's manual says to raise the window and hold the switch button down for 2 seconds. Works well again!

Jon, Let us know tomorrow if your windows are still working correctly?

So far, so good. It drops only about half as much as it did before, but for all I know it dropped too much before the failure and is now improved. If anything happens I'll tune in about it.

I've always resented the attitude of, "Look in the manual," and instead have desired to present a more friendly and helpful manner. I know that I've learned a lot here about the retro T-Birds and hope to also contribute little tips. Thanks, Fred. (Jondalar, comes from the 5 Clan Of The Cave Bear books.)

Last edited:
Thanks George. I just read the post and never thought about checking the passenger side. Tomorrow I'll do the lowering check as well as the raising operation again and also the passenger side. My T-Bird is such a good car and I place the blame on the temperature after work being minus 14 degrees and engaging the starter which might have brought the voltage down to under some threshold where things start to misbehave. Electronic shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back