Wind Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Last seen
Greetings.
I have a wind noise on my driver side triangle area where the outside mirror attaches. After a lot of aggrevation with my dealer, they finally replaced the mirror, but it did not solve the problem. They claim there is nothing else they can do. Not sure if the weather stripping in that area is the cause or not.
Anyone have a similar problem? Suggestions? It's an 04.

Also, I have 2 scratches on my trunk lid. They are very noticable. I tried touch up paint but it just doesn't look good. If I have the trunk repainted, I'm concerned with matching the silver paint. I'm told they would have to blend the trunk into the side panels. Has anyone had paint repair on silver with satisfaction? I've read other threads about Ford match paint perfectly, but I don't think it was silver.

Thanks in advance for responses.
Tim

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Silverbird said:
Greetings.
I have a wind noise on my driver side triangle area where the outside mirror attaches. After a lot of aggrevation with my dealer, they finally replaced the mirror, but it did not solve the problem. They claim there is nothing else they can do. Not sure if the weather stripping in that area is the cause or not.
Anyone have a similar problem? Suggestions? It's an 04.

Also, I have 2 scratches on my trunk lid. They are very noticable. I tried touch up paint but it just doesn't look good. If I have the trunk repainted, I'm concerned with matching the silver paint. I'm told they would have to blend the trunk into the side panels. Has anyone had paint repair on silver with satisfaction? I've read other threads about Ford match paint perfectly, but I don't think it was silver.

Thanks in advance for responses.
Tim

If its a decent body shop, yes, they should be able to blend it in where you can't see it. Many of the Tbird colors are heavy metalic and although Ive heard of customers refusing to accept the first attempt the shop can eventually get it right. I've only heard of maybe two cases out of about a dozen where the customer made the dealer do it a third time before the repair was invisible. Make it clear to them you do not want to see a mis-match and if they can't do it you'll take it to another dealer. Then don't feel guilty if they have to do it over a second or even a third time. I think todays paint proceedures with the clear coat let them match colors so much easier than in the past. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back