Status
Not open for further replies.
tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Most boards of this nature have a scheduled time at least once a week to use the chatroom. For some reason it has never really got off the ground, but I think everyone would enjoy it if we could get them all in there at the same time. I am about to send out the July newsletter, and I need ideas for the time/day we should meet.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I was out there once when there were about 5 or 6 people logged on and I found it extremely difficult to follow. There were about 3 different conversations going and things were scrolling so fast I could not keep up.

Is it possible to have sub-rooms where individual conversations can be held, holding to one topic?

I'm glad to see that I was not the only one to have trouble using the chat room. It's like 10 people in a room with 5 different conversations going on at the same time. It gets confusing. I like the threads better.

------------------
Be careful what you say Big Brother is watching

Originally posted by TbirdMarty:
It's like 10 people in a room with 5 different conversations going on at the same time. It gets confusing.

Pretend like you are at a party, and concentrate on the people you are talking to.

I've started in a couple of times, but have to use the computer at home for such things...can't be on from work for long. Once I get in from work, the border collie is waiting for me, and has planned all day what Daddy is GOING to do once he returns home, so computer time at the house is also limited.

Why do I have one at home, anyway????!!

Originally posted by RTBRD:
I was out there once when there were about 5 or 6 people logged on and I found it extremely difficult to follow. There were about 3 different conversations going and things were scrolling so fast I could not keep up.
Is it possible to have sub-rooms where individual conversations can be held, holding to one topic?

Originally posted by TbirdMarty:
I'm glad to see that I was not the only one to have trouble using the chat room. It's like 10 people in a room with 5 different conversations going on at the same time. It gets confusing. I like the threads better.

Try using an aol or yahoo or msn chat room, its 100x worse when there are 50+ people in the same room. Im not sure how this room is set up, if you can change font colors and distinguish yourself from the other chatters. Ive gotten use to the multiple conversations, so its not all that bad for me, just takes a little gettin use to.

sunday nights, its usually the "deadest" night of the week for alot of people, try like 8-10?? or whenever everyone wants to leave, ive been in some car rooms til 3-4am somedays. makes for along next day but oh well.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back