Who is left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like most everyone has received their car by now. Am I the last one of our group still waiting for the delivery of a TBird?

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full Blue/ Premium/VIN 121065 Rotation # 0942

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

No, I have been waiting for my dealer's #7 of his 8 and finally decided to cancel my order and be #1 of his 2003's. hope all the rumored changes are what hey are cracked up to be. He still hasn't received his official order form information on the 03's yet.

I am still waiting too. I received my VIN 2 weeks ago and I just found out my Bird is LOCKED IN (no changes to order allowed) I was also give an ETA of July 15th. My dealer say it may come in a few days sooner. I am number 6 of 6. Been waiting since the concept was announced but I put my money down on February 10th. 2001. And I paying $500.00 0ver MSRP Black Premium with full red accent interior.

My car actually came early. Our local dealer's allotment was entirely spoken for until a guy gave up wait on a black/black prem. since his wife didn't want to wait any longer, and wanted a BMW instead. Anyway, when the name was switched to us, they told us it would be the end of June. It ended up being the week before Memorial Day to both mine and the dealer's surprise!

------------------
Black/Black/Black Acc. Prem.

Still waiting on mine also. Was number 32 of 32 original allotment, 32 of 42 of final allocation. Received VIN # about two weeks ago. Told production week to be July 15 and expect delivery by second week in August. There are still a few of us waiting!

Originally posted by jt2233:
I am still waiting too. I received my VIN 2 weeks ago and I just found out my Bird is LOCKED IN (no changes to order allowed) I was also give an ETA of July 15th. My dealer say it may come in a few days sooner. I am number 6 of 6. Been waiting since the concept was announced but I put my money down on February 10th. 2001. And I paying $500.00 0ver MSRP Black Premium with full red accent interior.

Would love to see your car when it comes in. That sounds like a stunning combination to me. I'm in Issaquah. My birthday's on July 15th, but it sounds like you're the one who's getting the big present this time.

I'm still waiting, 15 months. How about being told originally that you're #1 of 5 and you know they have delivered at least 5. Now they tell me that they screwed up and I will get it next month. I don't believe that either since my order no. is still "clean and unscheduled" at the factory

rolleyes.gif
Well, I'm still waiting for my 2005 Bird. Haven't ordered it yet but I AM WAITING.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Mine was built this past week. On the train now. Should be here first few days in July. I'll be on vacation in Alaska next week and hope to take delivery July 5th. The wait is getting close to being over!

NCBlueBird
------------------
Blue/Blue/Black Accent/Premium/VIN 20726

Here is my story:
1)Put order in March 1 2002. Was about 5th in line.
Nothing hapened.

2)Called dealer. Dealer said Blue/White combination rejected by computer.

3)Called Ford. Ford called dealer. After many more calls, dealer showed me printout of order number. Date showed May 9 2002.

4)Last week dealer called and said mine was the next and last one coming in about July. Later talked to another sales person. This person mentioned that he was getting 3 Tbirds in. Stories don't match.

5)Called Ford to find out if mine was scheduled for production. Ford rep called dealer. Dealer said mine is scheduled for next productione run. Ford rep useless. She simply echoed what dealer said. She also said mine was a special order. That got me worried. Another computer srew-up? Ford rep asked for my order code (130A). 130A made no sense to her.

6)Called back to Ford and asked why is mine a special order? Got different person. No explanation of why special order.

7)Meanwhile I am passing up a chance to buy a Blue/Blue/Full waiting on my order.

I can only conclude that the dealer is selling me the car at MSRP and the other 3 birds are deals with other dealers or I was lied to.

8)Still waiting for VIN number or some factory confirmation.

HKS

Originally posted by NCBlueBird:
Mine was built this past week. On the train now. Should be here first few days in July. I'll be on vacation in Alaska next week and hope to take delivery July 5th. The wait is getting close to being over!

NCBlueBird

-

-

-

HKS, with the dealer code and your order number you can check on status of your bird. Model codel is P60. Info on how to do this and the 800 number is somewhere on this forum. Sorry I don't know the specific topic. Maybe a search on "order number" will find it. Good Luck.

-

10of11,

(P60 2DR Thunderbird) is listed on the order form but the ORDER code was: 130A. The customer rep abiously did not know how to assist me in finding it. What Ford calls an order code and what the dealer printout calls an order code is not the same.

10of11,thank you very much for the info.
Next time I call Ford I will give them the P60 code.

HKS

P.S. I am loged on this board twice. HSIEGL and HKS. I logged on at home and at work. Could not remember the password. I have not found a way to sellect my own easy to remember password on this BBS.

Originally posted by 10of11:
HKS, with the dealer code and your order number you can check on status of your bird. Model codel is P60. Info on how to do this and the 800 number is somewhere on this forum. Sorry I don't know the specific topic. Maybe a search on "order number" will find it. Good Luck.

-

HKS,

It's not the order code you need but the 4 digit order number. That, the P60 and the dealer code (found on any window sticker, delete the F) is all you need to check your order status.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq.#7505, blue premium,
partial blue interior, no top, Louisville Ky.

Thanks to all. I will use the P60 and the order code and dealer code.

HKS

Originally posted by KYbluebird:
HKS,

It's not the order code you need but the 4 digit order number. That, the P60 and the dealer code (found on any window sticker, delete the F) is all you need to check your order status.

HKS,

130A is a model code signifying Premium model. When calling the 800 number you need to have the dealer-designated order number. Each dealership assigns their own numbering system when ordering cars from the factory. If you got a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment) you should find the order number on there along with the dealer's code number.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back