Whitewall Tire recommendations for my T-Bird 1956

I am going to try Radial Tires with a 2 1/2 to 3 inch Whitewall. What brand works the best? The ones on there been on there 27 Years. The T-Bird was only driven a few times. I think it time. I drove it around the block terrible they acted like they were squire in shape. I just got the T-Bird last week from my Brother in Law and Sister.

Angry Bird

Angry Bird's 64'
I am going to try Radial Tires with a 2 1/2 to 3 inch Whitewall. What brand works the best? The ones on there been on there 27 Years. The T-Bird was only driven a few times. I think it time. I drove it around the block terrible they acted like they were squire in shape. I just got the T-Bird last week from my Brother in Law and Sister.
Hi Ken,
27 years is a very long time for a set of tires when they usually have a life span of 6 to 10 years before they dry out. Radial tires are a great improvement over the old bias plys. They will make the Bird ride and handle like a modern car. I know first hand because I changed over many years ago. There are many suppliers like Coker for example just hunt around online or check with your local tire dealer who may be able to assist!

Good luck!

Gord

Personally, I have used only Diamond Back Classic Tires. I've put them on my '54 Olds and my '57 T-bird, and have been very satisfied. Any radial tire will be an improvement, but I happen to like this brand. Delivery takes a little while, as the tires are made to your order (check out the "beauty rings" that they offer). https://dbtires.com/ - or call them at 888-922-1642

I bought mine from Calli Tire.
Hello Jim,
I contacted Calli Tire and their prices are reasonable. I am wondering about the white side walls? They told me they make them there. I am wondering if they take a tire and add the whitewall or do they make the whole tire? I live about 1 1/2 hours away so I would pick them up rather than have 5 tires shipped. Are you satisfied with your tires? How is the wear? How long have you had them. Their lead time will fit my timeline if I ordered them now.
Thanks in advance for your response.
Loren

They add the whitewall, I am mostly satisfied. Did have a bubble develop on one of the whitewalls. Per Cali's direction I pierced it with a needle and it deflated. Have had them a couple of years and they have worn well.
Jim Yergin

I use Diamond Back Classics. They start with a proper radial and vulcanize the whitewall to it. I had a set of their dual red/shite stripe tires on my '65 Thunderbird for nineteen years without incident. Just replaced them, put new wide whites on my E-Code '57, and red stripes on my '68 Cougar. All Diamond Back. Cokers have been problematic in our Little Bird club. They are a clamshell mold and don't hold balance as well. The Diamond Back are proper segment-mold design. And their whitewall stays brilliant white. The American Classics form Coker I had on my '63 Sports Roadster would not stay white without a LOT of upkeep.

I had problems with the Coker white walls on our 57 last year. Three out the four we had fitted developed a bulge / lump on the sidewall. We have now fitted American Classic white walls. The Cokers were returned to the supplier here in New Zealand but as yet no response. Apparently that’s normal consequently I would not ever buy another Coker. Having made that statement I believe that the same manufacturer makes both tyres !!!

I just ordered Radials for my 56' Tbird. I went with Diamond Back. I wanted 3'" wide whitewalls and only Diamond Back offered them that I could find. They also offer a beauty bar option that I really liked.