What Carburetor Do I Have? 1957

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all. New to this forum and new to owning a classic Thunderbird. Rebuilding a 57 engine. The engine that was in the car was a 292, not the original engine or correct size. The car was purchased originally with the 312, which I have been able to find and now in the final stages of rebuilding the 312. The 292 was not rebuildable. Now comes the carburetor. I would like to rebuild it, but I cannot find a model number or even manufacture name. Thinking it may be a Carter, but I’m not sure. Since the motor was replaced, I don’t have confidence this is the original carb. I have included some pictures, so hoping someone can look at these and identify what I have.

Thanks - BertOne

Attachments

• 20191016_195432.jpg
    20191016_195432.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 20191016_195756.jpg
    20191016_195756.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello all. New to this forum and new to owning a classic Thunderbird. Rebuilding a 57 engine. The engine that was in the car was a 292, not the original engine or correct size. The car was purchased originally with the 312, which I have been able to find and now in the final stages of rebuilding the 312. The 292 was not rebuildable. Now comes the carburetor. I would like to rebuild it, but I cannot find a model number or even manufacture name. Thinking it may be a Carter, but I’m not sure. Since the motor was replaced, I don’t have confidence this is the original carb. I have included some pictures, so hoping someone can look at these and identify what I have.

Thanks - BertOne
it is a ford autolite 4100

Back