What are these holes in the firewall of my ‘65?

Farmer Pete

Farmer Pete

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone. I bought my first T-Bird (‘65 coupe) a couple of months ago, so I’m still learning about these cars. I noticed two holes in the firewall, one on each side behind the wheel well. Oval shape, maybe 3” long and 2” high. Looks like a hose is supposed to be connected to them. Can someone tell me what they are? Thanks.

Attachments

• 94B46FAB-0D6B-4335-B3C6-873A87AF0589.jpeg
    94B46FAB-0D6B-4335-B3C6-873A87AF0589.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Rlucky63 is correct, they are drain tubes, much like those which run from the rear window vent through the trunk.

If you can find someone with very small hands get them to manipulate them on, oh, then of course try not to drop the holding clamp / hose clamp while you fit that over the tube and tube outlet. Good Luck, should have replaced mine while I had the motor out, but hey, now they are on and should last me out. LOL

Thanks guys. Is the bottom of the cowl sealed so that the water collects, or is it open so that the water drains out the bottom? Either way, what is the benefit over just leaving the cowls off?

The bottom of the tubes are slit open. Apart from looking better than just open holes, I guess the main benefit is that any water is released lower down the firewall and not splshing up where it can be more of an eyesore or cause any problems with electrical components in the area.

Back