We Lost North American Car of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's official, the North American Car of the Year is being announced today -- Nissan Altima won by a long shot. # 2 was the Cadillac CTS and the T-Bird was third. The Altima? GEESH!!!!!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Some people don't have any taste at all.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Yeah, a Nissan Altima is a real North American icon, all right.

I can see that it gets more looks on the road than does my Bird!

The pictures on www.wieck.com are quite compeling. The Caddy Catera was a quack (duck) and it is replaced by a vehicle the CTS which has caught Ford and Lincoln with only new Trucks and a remake of the GT40. The 350Tonka is a brutish looking machine and like the Excursion will be a low sales truck.
The Altima is improved but not even an Luxury Car! What was the media drinking?
The most interesting thing about the CTS is in the first year of production, all of our wish list luxuries are included for about $39K and it's a five passenger rear wheel drive, 5 speed personal luxo vehicle.
GM is kicking Ford's rear with financing/ESP and new model lines. CEO Nasser left Ford a bit later than he should have and our beloved TBirds are the brightest spot for Ford at the present time. Price gouging is still hurting the image of FOMOCO for the benefit of big city dealerships.
They are also causing the media to shy away from our beloved car as no MSRP and most cars are presold. The Bad Boys will most probably gouge the public with 2003 model as well.
I wonder what Caddy dealers will do with MSRP on the CTS?

------------------
'56 + '02 Birds

wasn't just the big city dealers profiting from the price gouging-Burnett-Thiel sold their red premium to a guy in milwaukee for 46K-when I heard how much they were jacking the price, I pulled the deposit for my 05. and went over to Freese Motors in Monticello to place my deposit-they only went 3K over MSRP-which will be a good price for a 50th Anniversary car.

------------------

Originally posted by HeelBird:
Yeah, a Nissan Altima is a real North American icon, all right.

I can see that it gets more looks on the road than does my Bird!

I think you should get a free Pearl Harbor DVD when you test drive a new Nissan Altima. ;-)

Tbird

Birdman93 if you are looking that far into the future I'ed look for a dealer selling at MSRP even if you have to go out of state for it. If shipping charges are involved you would still save money.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

When I saw the new Altima on the street today, I recalled what I though the first time I saw one. It has a remarkable resemblance to the Jetta, from every angle. Another Japanese copy job??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back