virus making the rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thenewtbird2

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Headups!! For the past few weeks, I've been getting inundated with email carrying one of the mm virus' - I'm relatively safe since I keep up to date on my virus protection but thought that some of you might need to be made aware of what's going on.

Over the last few days, some of those email have come in with email addresses from people on this forum - I mean my email address was in the "sender" spot on one that my husband got and I hadn't sent any off to him. Also, tbird's "hostmaster" address for this forum was the "sender" on another. The virus is picking up the addresses from an address book from some poor unfortunate that happened to get infected. What I'm trying to say is be wary of email coming in with attachments if the subject appears odd, or the message appears odd or it's someone that rarely corresponds with you other than via the forum. I never open attachments unless I Know that it's being sent to me and why. Also get protected or updated with the latest virus definitions if you haven't done so lately.

Dot

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

eek.gif
I have McAfee and keep it up dated. I hope this is enough and I also never open anything from anyone that I don't know.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

that proabably explains the two emails i got from "exefire@*******" who ever that is. There was no message, but a small attachment came with it. never opened it, and added that address to my junk mail file. I guess it takes all kinds, and from an old rambler owner. john

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back