Vinyl Paint???

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Last seen
I'm in the process of restoring my 1962 T-Bird. The interior is great all original and in almost perfect shape.

Two area's I need to address the dash which has several cracks, and the drive side arm rest.

I have bought both a dash cover and an arm rest cover. Both have been fitted and look great.

I need to paint both, I have looked for SEM vinyl paint to match the color and have been unsuccessful my interior code 52 so a medium blue. Does anyone happen to know where I may find the correct paint colors for this year and color code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
byrne66

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

vinyl dye

Just dyed my interior in my 64 T-bird. Try Dupont colors. They will mix any color you want. You'll pay more for it but it works excellent. Must use the proper vinyl cleaner first and then you can use the 8 oz. aerosol bottles that can be purchased at the paint supply shop where you get the dye. The same dye can be used on metal as well A great product and if you follow directions as per manufacturer , you will be pleased with the resultsHope that helps . Good Luck Frank

About the only thing I can say is that I know of a paint dealer in Bradenton, Florida who mixes paints -- and vinyl dye, according to your specs. All you have to do is drive to Bradenton, Florida.

But my point is this: look for a similar paint shop in your town. You should be able to find someone without going too extremely far. These guys can mix up auto paint, much like your hardware store mixes home paint.

Be sure and get some vinyl prep. This is a clear substance that sprays on and softens the finish to help the new dye adhere. Seems like it doesn't do a thing, until one day I forgot to use it -- and the dye peeled off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back