Vacuum diagrams for 1969 Thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Trying to locate the diagrams for a 1969 thunderbird. However I am wondering how close the vacuum setup is on the 68 thunderbird over the 69. Are they close enough I can use them to work on mine?

Looks like you have the vac doors on head lights, 70 does not, Elc. and vac. are listed for 1970 only

Looks like you have the vac doors on head lights, 70 does not, Elc. and vac. are listed for 1970 only
Vacuum system for the headlights is gone. I took it out as they did not work. I have the electronic headlight conversion kit in the car. As for the rest... that's what I am wondering. My car also has the cruise control in it (though not working and soon to be removed as well). Mainly the things I would like to know and I think may be similar is the tilt-away steering system, pass through air ventilation system and the automatic heater controls. Maybe those are similar?

69 and 70 controllers are different, ebay is listing a 68/69 controller

Ebay is showing wiring and vac diagrams
Yup I seen them. I got the wiring already. Will pick up the Vacuum ones. On a side note... Would you guys believe that in 1969 they actually tried an anti-lock brake system for the Thunderbird? Well they actually did! Crazy right?

yep, right along with the hydraulic window wipers

yep, right along with the hydraulic window wipers
Yeah ones I had to get a custom line for since mine was cracked. What a stupid idea... hydraulic wipers. Why didn't they just use an electric motor?

Honestly though for the anti-lock system... I'd be afraid of it and the darn thing locking my brakes while I am driving down the road. Hell even the cruise control I would never want as all it did was lock the accelerator in place with some archaic vacuum system and a ball/wire chain thingy. Scary stuff indeed. Glad I am removing it. Not that it worked in the first place anyway.

Yup I seen them. I got the wiring already. Will pick up the Vacuum ones. On a side note... Would you guys believe that in 1969 they actually tried an anti-lock brake system for the Thunderbird? Well they actually did! Crazy right?
How was the diagram quality? Did it include the 4 door version? I am in need of a Vac and Wiring diagram but don't want to buy something that is worthless to me. I'm having a few heater control, warning light and window issues to contend with.

How was the diagram quality? Did it include the 4 door version? I am in need of a Vac and Wiring diagram but don't want to buy something that is worthless to me. I'm having a few heater control, warning light and window issues to contend with.
The quality of the wiring stuff is pretty much what they had at the dealships. Directly from the service manual.

They are really in-depth and show quite a lot in terms of wiring schematics. I want to get the vacuum ones next to replace my tired vacuum lines.

I Would Love to Have 67 Thunderbird Manual If Still Have One Available In pdf, if Offer Still Available. Thanks,...My Email Address is c.cossey@*********
67 Thunder Chicken welcome to the forum. We're here to help each other with mechanics issues, Knowledge and know how. When & where you need anything just post and we'll all do our best to help out.
Put a picture of your 67 Thunderbird as your profile picture. If you click on some of our names and profiles a lot of us have pictures of ours on there. CHECK THEM OUT

I just googled it and a bunch of sites popped up that have them. Good luck
Just google 1967 Thunderbird shop manual
If you don't want the paperback manual try
emanualonline.com
they have it in PDF for $12.99
I would rather have the paperback manual
you're working on a classic car. Get the original classic manual
$20.99 for PDF 1967 Thunderbird manual not $12.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back