Turquoise paint for 1955 valve covers

zeroroadkill

zeroroadkill

BlackBird Fly
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know where to get the proper turquoise paint for the valve cover background around "Thunderbird"?
What is the best way to repaint the centers?

Thanks
T-6582.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

CASCO sells both the turquoise paint and the red paint needed for the valve covers. The part number for the turquoise paint is 19000E and for the red paint the part number is 19000F. The cost of the paint is $2.85 per bottle.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

CASCO sells both the turquoise paint and the red paint needed for the valve covers. The part number for the turquoise paint is 19000E and for the red paint the part number is 19000F. The cost of the paint is $2.85 per bottle.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
[/QUOTE
Thanks, how would you paint recessed lettering or the Thunderbird logo on the valve covers?

Last edited:
The paint bottles usually have a detail brush attached to the cap. Don't worry about over coverage. The excess with just wipe off the polished aluminum. It really does make the covers pop. The same with the body badges, also touched up my badge in the grill.

Citrus degreaser and nylon detail brush for the hollows and aluminum polish and lots of elbow grease or buffer for the rest

Back