Trying to beef up my 1986 5.0

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Nbk0861
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey everyone. I'm new here and recently got into working on vehicles and owning a tbird. Am having some almost deadly brake issues and am about to replace everything. I'd like some opinions if anyone knows what I should do. I recently bought an 87 turbo and 92 Lincoln mkvii lsc with no engines. Should I replace my rear end with the TC or the mkvii's? Which is better? What else should I replace since both have rear disc brakes? Am also going to be installing a turbo, better fuel pump, and a microsquirt ecu. The 87 TC donor car was automatic too btw. Also can I bolt on the front end of the TC onto my 86? Also due to some bad corrosion below rear windshield I'm thinking of putting some louvers on if anyone knows where to find some that would work.

Your '86 has a solid rear axle, I believe your other 2 are independent. Not an easy swap.

Back