1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Trim Code on my '57 Tag doesn't match my car

Discussion in '1955 - 1966 Classic Ford Thunderbird' started by dickday0, Dec 15, 2017.

1. dickday0

dickday0 Active Member Lifetime Donor

2. My thought is that some one replaced the Black & White with red. I did not know what the data plate was before I purchased my 57. I look at cars for sale now and always want to see the data plate. You can purchase the original factory invoice for $50 from the American Road Thunderbird Club. CTCI has the details. Hope this helps.

dickday0 and Birdman57 like this.
  3. If the vin number matches the stamping on the right front frame member your tag is most likely correct. Remember that these cars are 60 years old and may have gone through numerous restorations. Changing interior/exterior is not a crime and is done routinely on these cars. Enjoy it as it is, or change to what your like. Just enjoy the car. Join CTCI and you will find a world of information and people that can help you along the process. Good value for $37.50 a year!

dickday0, Birdman57 and Rust like this.
  4. dickday0

5. dickday0

6. fordrodsteven

fordrodsteven Well-Known Member Gold Donor

dickday0 likes this.
  7. dickday0

8. fordrodsteven

9. dickday0

10. fordrodsteven

dickday0 likes this.
  11. dickday0

12. dickday0

13. dickday0 likes this.
  14. dickday0

15. a PO of my car had a hard on for BLUE and did a full blown change over to blue over blue. Changed color of car, painted it corrected, no "old" colors evident, nothing. Changed seat material, door panels, all of it. Looks like it was done in the 80's and still looks good but not new anymore.

dickday0 likes this.
  16. dickday0

17. dickday0

18. the tonnoe cover coves off, you have to store it in your garage or the like. Does not go in the trunk.

dickday0 likes this.

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!