Top Storage Question / Favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tbird top is big, and the best place I have to store it is in my workshop, which for obvious reasons, isn't the best place to put something that you don't want scratched, dinged, dented or covered with sawdust. (Can you imagine that felt-ish liner with sawdust all over it?). Do any of you have a similar storage problem, and what are you doing about it?

I'm probably going to build a plywood box--sort of a custom cabinet--on the shop floor to roll the top into when it's off the car. I need a favor: If you currently have your top on the rack, I'd appreciate it if you could measure the entire top/rack structure (height, width, depth) so I could build a storage cabinet this week end. Can't wait to see the softtop.

Any general storage suggestions would be appreciated. I can't stand the thought of hurting that gorgeous car. Yesterday I drove home from work in a severe thunderstorm--with hail warnings on the news. Needless to say, with less than 100 miles on the car I started getting panicky. Years ago I had a friend who was getting married, so he saved up money for a substantial down payment on a new Firebird--his first new car, and a really great ride. He left the dealer and picked up his fiancee, to surprise her. They got caught in a hailstorm and the Firebird was ruined with only 6 miles on it. Many, many tears....

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back