ThunderBird Resales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any others noticed the Birds starting
to show up on re-lots.

In a relatively small section that I travel,
maybe 40 miles north to south, 3 are
currently for sale. 1 red and 2 yellows.
These are mileage cars, not non-registered.

On the Yellows, salespeople said the owners
didn't like the cars. I'm not sure about
the Red (its at the dealership where suppose
to get our car) but believe the person traded
on a SUV. I posted about one of the yellows
months ago and its still there.

But than it won't be long till some of you
have had your car a year and many folks do
trade yearly.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

As with anything, some like it some don't. Some think they can make money others don't care. There are now about 15,000 T-Birds on the road. It's only natural that some will be traded, sold, wrecked and stolen. 3 in one lot is unusual, but, it sounds mor like someone was trying to make money on them.

Originally posted by DavidA:
As with anything, some like it some don't. Some think they can make money others don't care. There are now about 15,000 T-Birds on the road. It's only natural that some will be traded, sold, wrecked and stolen. 3 in one lot is unusual, but, it sounds mor like someone was trying to make money on them.

I have a differing opinion. I would say three pre-owned Tbirds on one lot is very unusual. Most dealers are lucky to have sold three new ones.

Gives hope to those who want to own one now-maybe a new topic, if there isn't one already-to let folks know that there are Birds available at resale lots?

------------------
*************, Chairman-Thunder on 66

Pacific Ford in Long Beach has had 3 new birds on their lot for a while. I think they are still trying to add a premium to MSRP and can't find any takers. The inventory is starting to build up in Southern California and the dealers are still in denial that prices are coming back to earth.

Kybluebird...I think you are on to something.With the upcoming spring/summer....I think some will be looking to make a profit from thier purchase...wether it is a dealer or current private owner.

For those from the Indiana/Ohio/Illinois/Michigan region...I can give an example.A recent issue of "Wheels and Deals" had a privately owned Yellow Premium for sale....now here is the clincher....$56,000.00 firm.I couldn't believe it.$5 grand above I can see...BUT almost $20 grand above a base model is ridiculous.This vehicle was in an issue approximately 3 weeks ago.It probably still is at that price.

InfernoRed

clebus-

Pacific ford is one of those dealers I contacted in my search for a new bird at a reasonable price. Their internet site says they won't be under sold. I spoke with Jeff there and he asked what they were getting where I live in northern california. When I told him they wanted 5K over, he then said that would be my price there- even after he originally told me it would be MSRP to order one.

They can rot in hell with their t-birds as far as I am concerned.

Originally posted by clebus:
Pacific Ford in Long Beach has had 3 new birds on their lot for a while. I think they are still trying to add a premium to MSRP and can't find any takers. The inventory is starting to build up in Southern California and the dealers are still in denial that prices are coming back to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back