"Thunderbird Day at the Lake" - Next Georgia Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joelja, DavidA and myself have set the date and location for our next gathering of new Thunderbird owners and future owners in the Atlanta area and for those that want to join us from other locations too!

We have a large, 90-person pavilion and adjacent parking lot reserved exclusively for our group for the entire day of Saturday, July 27. The pavilion is located next to the waters of Lake Lanier and adjacent to Buford Dam. We have arranged for Sonny's BBQ to cater the food for us on this day for a cost of $15.00 per person OR you can bring your own picnic. There are grills and picnic tables at the pavilion. There is a beach area next to the pavilion for swimming. We will be bringing lawn games for those interested in doing other things other than staring at all of our cars! We will also be preparing a Thunderbird Trivia Game with "Thunderbird-inspired" prizes!

The meeting time and additional details for this event will be announced in a few days. We hope to see all of our existing members there, along with lots of new ones. You don't want to miss "Thunderbird Day at the Lake", mark your calendars today! For those that are planning to attend, please send me an e-mail at TbirdTim@*******

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by TbirdTim:
of $15.00 per person OR you can bring your own picnic.-

15.00 a head sound a little expensive for BBQ catering. For that, you can bring and Angus Beef Ribeye and throw it on the grill with a baked potato.

The $15.00 includes BBQ beef, pork, chicken and ribs, plus side dishes and dessert, along with iced tea. It also includes the gratuity. We also left it open for those that want to bring their own food, to be able to bring their own picnic to this event. This way those that don't want to have to haul food don't have to, and those that want to bring their own food can do that too...that should satisfy everyone!

biggrin.gif
tbird, for what they are providing this doesn't sound bad at all. I chair the committee for my high school class reunion and we will be having our 35th this year. We are having a pig roast with about the same amount of food and this will cost us $17.00 per person for that. So I think this price is right in the ballpark. Wish we could come but can't, hope to make the Fla. thing in the fall.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

The price for the BBQ sounds good to me. We are having BBQ this Saturday night that will be brisket, sausage, chicken, potatoe salad, beans, bread, dessert and iced tea. We are getting it at cost (member of club) and it's $10.00 per person. This is all you can eat, of course!!!!
George.

RTBRD: -- are we going to have the pleasure of your company? Would be great to see you and ANYONE else that wants to come. Come one, come ALL!!!!!!!

DavidA,

I am considering it. We have property just north of Gainesville (FL), so we could drive up there on Thursday, spend the night, and continue on to Atlanta on Friday, it's about a 5 to 6 hour drive from there. Spend Saturday night in Atlanta and drive back home on Sunday.

With what I have seen and read of your previous gatherings, it looks like it would be fun.

rolleyes.gif
Joe, that might be a Looong Sat. morning drive for us. Would have to leave around midnight or so to get there and still feel good. Hope you can make it for the Fall Deston get together. I think we might make that one.
biggrin.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

I am so jealous of the Georgia group. websites, rallies, dinners, picnics. Makes me wish I still lived in Atlanta. Come on Central Florida, we can compete!

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

We have the GREATEST group of TBird owners and will continue to have FUN,FUN,FUN.

Please, everyone, who wants to join us, please do. And the 15 buck huge BBQ dinner is an OPTION. Pls bring your own food if you want. But if you want to PIG out for a lousy 15 bucks it is there for you.

The main thing is, let's have fun. We luv ya Georgia group!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

For anyone else thinking of joining us, we'd love to have you. We have some great activities planned.

Let us know as soon as possible. Thanks

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back