Thunderbird Collection: Last mailing arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

cost to the dealer to order the complete set for the customer was $49. How much it cost Ford to make is our guess, but definitely more than $49 for the full set.

When you ordered your car, did you change your order at any time during the year or did you order it late in 2001 from your dealer? That could account for a different color model if your dealer had to change an older order that he placed and forgot to notify the collection people of the change. One of the other mailings should also match your car's color - set #2 has vinyl clings to match your car's body color.

------------------
the New T-bird

Originally posted by Eeyore:
are these mailings something that come automatically to t-bird owners??? or are they sent only to those who special ordered?

-

Two things had to fall in place - 1 - only those who had an order in by a specific date were eligible AND - 2 - the dealer had to make the decision to order the collection by that same specific date (end of December 2001).

Some dealers chose to NOT order the collection either because they didn't know about it or they just didn't want to bother with it.

------------------
the New T-bird

thenewtbird2,

Thanks for the info. We were told that the car I'm now driving was special ordered "years" ago... but that by the time it came in, the guy he decided he didn't want it.

So if that is true, then the "time" issue should be okay, right? I want to ask the dealer about it... but how should I refer to it specifically?? "the mailings"??

(On the other hand, it may be offensive to some if I were to actually end up receiving this given the fact that *I* did not order the vehicle.... but for the record, we drove the car at the Dallas Mystery Drive last September and due to a problem with the '99 Cobra my husband ordered, decided that it would be best to wait for second year production of the T-bird... However, we saw this car sitting on the lot on a drive-by Saturday, and ended up driving it home... so I'm not lacking "commitment to" or "faith in" the vehicle. :) )

-

Originally posted by Eeyore:
thenewtbird2,

Thanks for the info. We were told that the car I'm now driving was special ordered "years" ago... but that by the time it came in, the guy he decided he didn't want it.

So if that is true, then the "time" issue should be okay, right? I want to ask the dealer about it... but how should I refer to it specifically?? "the mailings"??

It's probably way too late. I would bet that the dealer never ordered the "Thunderbird Collection" (it's official name)or if he did, it went directly to the original buyer. Odds are that he didn't order the set as that has been the case with many on this board when the set was available. Some had to do some major arm twisting to get their dealers to even consider ordering the set and in some cases, such as gobird's, the consumer had to fork over the money to buy the set.

Once the dealer placed an order for the set, he never saw it as it's mailed directly to the consumer.

I finally got my 4th, with the white model. Both this and the 3rd were sent to my dealer, although the first 2 were sent to me!! The dealer was confused about it, there was no explanation with the mailing. Fortunately they have been very helpful. I assume the 5th will likely be sent there also. That program was thoroughly messed up, just glad to be getting the mailings.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

I waited for a year for my bird and got impatient. I then bought a Yellow bird off the delivery transport. This purchase was in May 0f 2002. Does this mean I have no chance for the "Thunderbird Collection" everybody talks about? Is it possible to pressure Ford or just write it off as a missed opportunity?

------------------
Ford Nut
67 Mustang Fastback
97 Cobra
99 Explorer
2002 Taurus
Yellow Bird

wajman, Based on what we know, unfortunately you are not going to get Ford to send you the Thunderbird collection.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Does anyone know how to contact the "Thunderbird collection"? I still haven't received #5.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Brown truck arrived today (09/18/02) with my #5 mailing which completes my set. After taking delivery on October 1, 2001 (Vin 101737) I have been looking for this package for some time. Happy T-Birding to all!

License Plate - UT-BVOBRD Go Horns!

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

Anyone wishing to sell the Thunderbird Collection please contact me. I am trying to complete a set and need box #1 and box #5 to complete. I would purchase these seperate or as a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back