The ride home from work today

Status
Not open for further replies.
....just loved it....tons of traffic headed east on US 70 to the Crystal Coast of North Carolina for the holiday weekend. Windstar from NY pulls up behind me, and I can read the excitement in the eyes of the folks in the front seats when they realized what was in front of them. The lady in the passenger seat is moving her hands thru the air as I watch, as though she is following the outlines of the car.

He pulled around me, and both parties were doing some serious looking as they passed me (glad it is a 4-lane highway).

Next up was a Suburban---the fella driving started pointing, and his wife pulled down her sunglasses, and like the first lady motioned her hands thru the air following the lines of the rolling sculpture.

I'll bet they all dream tonight of what they saw!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Heelbird,

Let me add a few of my own out here in Washington State, now that I've had the car for a few weeks of mostly bad weather:
- Silver Haired woman in a large Mercedes powers down her passenger window at an intersection, and says "That's the first T-Bird I've seen. It's beautiful!"
- Middle aged guy in a passing Volvo gives me the 'V' sign.
- 2 people going by the other direction in a yellow Plymouth Prowler double-toot their horn at me. (What does it take to get the attention of someone in a yellow Plymouth Prowler? Now I know.)
- A Group of school kids coming out of a field trip at the symphony shouting and pointing at the car while I'm at a stoplight.
- My car parked at the curb in front of a restaurant. Passersby looking in the windows - a car stops the driver and passenger get out to check out the T-Bird then drive off. Many similar scenes to that.

I didn't get the car for attention - I got it because it's beautiful. But it certainly does get the attention. I remember the story of one poster's - mother or wife - who gave up the car because she couldn't stand the attention. I can imagine that.

I too get plenty of looks. My favorite is people passing me and turning their heads until they are looking directly behind them. Alot of them are driving when they do that. Also my 83 year old Grandmother saw my bird for the first time and said "That is a beautiful car". Hello to the Yellow bird from Florida. I saw you on 95 north near Fredricksburg, VA. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

While I've only had my Blue/Blue premium for five days, I, too, have noticed the attention.

First come looks of disbelief...my Mom/Dad (both 74) took the car out for a drive when I brought it home...Dad owned a 59 Blue 'Bird when I was a kid...they LOVED it...looked good in it, too.

Came home from hamburger hut on Sunday...car full of kids in an old Buick pull up next and start pointing, gawking...

Young fella in a black '93 Cobra Mustang pulled up next to us, slowed down to look at the back and then pulled forward and watched through his side mirror...gave us a couple blasts of his exhausts and then roared off.

And that just after a few days...more will surely come!

Stopped at a convenience store at a gas station. Two girls working there were staring at the car as I walked through. Finally one blurted out, "Is that a Rolls-Royce?".

I was happy to explain.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
JimBob, hate to tell you this but you will find this happens every time you take the car out of the garage and drive for more then a block away from the house.

BotNew56, at the risk of making someone on the board angry at me. Were they both Blond?
( Sorry Deb)

I sometimes go to a Sheets Gas Station to fill it up. The people behind the counters always say over the loud speakers. Red Chevy or black ford pickup go ahead with your purchase. I've been going there for close to two months now with the Bird and they still don't know what it is. They just say go ahead little blue car.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

GoBird, at the risk of being even more politcally incorrect than you.....here goes:

Q. What do you call a blonde with half a brain?

A. Gifted.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

rolleyes.gif
Hay everyone, I didn't say that, sent all your hate mail to joelja!!!!

eek.gif
Well I guess I started it so you can send me some hate mail but sent most of it to joelja.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back