The Great Georgia Thunderbird Road Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
What a great time we had with the South's greatest collection of Thunderbird owners. Tim and David - GREAT JOB - we all had a wonderful time.
I know many more will post later but just had to tell you - YA DONE GOOD!
Came home with the top down at 65 mph and could still hear each other talk about the great time we had. (I was afraid Betty would be disappointed that she didn't get one of Elvis's scarves but she said she would get over it.) CYA later. Duane

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What a fabulous weekend!!!!!!!!!

The weather turned out great. The route and the planning of the itinerary by David was outstanding. The arrangements for lunch yesterday, the accomodations at the Unicoi lodge, the entertainment last night was all perfect.

The organization, all of the extra touches, and the implemenntation by Tim was flawless.

And what a great group of people. Everybody looked like they were have a ball...walking around with a constant smile on their faces.

And the car...well what can I say. What a unbelievable ride with a style that is unmatched and performance that is exhilerating.

We have the most terrific group of owners with many more fun times together already well into the planning stages.

Thank all of you...but especially Tim and David...for making this weekend something to remember fondly.

P.S. I have already, unpacked, thoroughly washed the car, dropped off and picked up the photos of the weekend, and now I can relax and read this discussion forum.

And best of all ....I don't have to call that darn 800# and yell..."PEEEEE 60".

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

-

I wish someone would send me a video so I could put some of it online.

Ditto, ditto, ditto......

It was a great experience! My daughter Sandy and I had a ball. We got home to South Carolina about seven this evening.

Thank you Tim and David for an outstanding effort and a first class result.

In the last seven days I've driven Venus 1800 miles, mostly through the mountains of Tennessee and Georgia. I love the car more with every mile I drive, it is one fine automobile!

------------------
Charlie
VENUS, a Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent.
VIN 12778

It's 10:20 on Sunday night and I just got home from the most tremendous weekend that I can remember for a long time! The road rally turned out better than I could ever have imagined! The weather may have been a little damp at the start, but the skies cleared today and I bet that I'm not the only one that came home with a nice sunburn from driving top-down all day!

My list shows that we had 27, 2002 Thunderbird's and 2, older classic Thunderbird's, with a total of 56 people for the road rally! I had about 8 additional Thunderbird's (mostly older classic ones) that did not come, probably because of the weather early Saturday morning. I saw lots of photos being taken and lots of movies. We'll be sending movies to you, Tbird. I'll be collecting and posting photos of this event in the next day or so. One thing that I can say, though, is that to see that many Thunderbirds going down the road is a sight to behold!!! It looked like miles and miles of Thunderbirds of every color! There are no words that can truely describe that sight. Maybe the videos that we shot on the road, that Tbird posts, will help you see what I am talking about.

Thank you to all those that helped put this road rally together, especially David and Joel! Our "club" here is now official!

We met a lot of new faces this weekend. We made a lot of new friends. We learned a lot of interesting Thunderbird-related stories from each other. We really did have fun, fun, fun!

-

-

We met a lot of great folks on this 1st of many Rallys. I hope everyone had as much fun as the "Boss" and I had. The rain stayed away for most of the trip. We did get to put "Brusier" through the Stress Test for leaks Sat. morning (2" in 1 hour).
Got to hear Gobirds' CD compilation of Bird songs and other driving songs. Gobird -- very nice choice of tunes.
I add my thanks to Tim, David, Joel, and all those who put time in planning the event, it went off without a hitch. I hope the group has a disclaimer that frees us from any liability against whiplash claims from bystanders. That was one of the fun aspects of the Rally, watching the reactions from some of these people.
For those who missed it, you missed a GREAT weekend. Hope to see you at the next one.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back