That Mustang Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Last seen
I just recently got a 1994 thunderbird lx w the 4.6L. I dont know much about it yet. I know its a sohc and the mustangs are dohc but im wondering if its possible to get that mustang sound. My friend Had a 94 cougar w flomasters and I didnt really care for the sound but at the same time I dont know what system he had. If you have any sugg. or comments please!

a year later and i post...

that "mustang sound" is mainly due to the camshaft headers and mufflers as well as the flow path, since our mn12s locate the mufflers at the end of the exhaust you don't have enough pipe after the mufflers to echo and give you the sound you desire, but there is an alternative, mount the mufflers after the h pipe before the tank

if your looking for that aggressive 5.0 sound that so many fox body mustangs produce you'll need to ditch the complete exhaust setup and go with some better flowing headers no cats no resonator and 2 chamber flowmaster 40s

that'll give you that low end rumble and that high end crackle that made the 5-0 notorious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back