Thank You!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Thanks for all the excellent information on this web site, you've really helped.
We originally had ordered our T-Bird last year, a Black one. After we went on the "Dream Cruise" and were able to see all of the different colors, we deceided to change from black to red. I called the dealer who willingly changed the order. After I received a call from Ford saying that our car would be built the week of March 4th, I called Dave Davis to set a up a tour of the Wixom plant, as everyone states he is a fantastic person to talk to.
Over the weekend, I had a terrible thought. Surely when I changed colors, the dealer would have also changed the color of the hard top.
Wrong, I was getting a red T-bird with a black hard top and the salesman said that it was too late to make any changes.
I left a message on Mr. Davis's answering machine late Monday night(3/4)describing my problem and asking if at all possible to have a red top on our car.
Dave returned my call Tues morning, advising me that he had contacted the person at the Wixom plant who wouldn't 100% guaruntee that a change could be made, but would do what he could. He also said this problem has happened before.
Noon Thursday, I received another call from Mr. Davis letting me know that our car (113005)went out the door with a red hard top on it. He said that although the red with a black top looked pretty good, their goal is to keep their customers happy. He also said to call anytime to reschedule our plant tour.
Now all we have to do is wait for the week of March 18th for delivery.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sly, If your Bird went out the door today you will probably get it before the 18th. Just my guess but wait and see.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Originally posted by Gobird:
Sly, If your Bird went out the door today you will probably get it before the 18th. Just my guess but wait and see.

Since we live in Michigan, about 50 miles from Wixom, I'm hoping to get it sooner.

You guys! I'm trying to be sedate about the delivery of my car. After waiting a year, you'd think I could be calm. But after reading that a T-bird just 247 numbers lower than our VIN left the plant..... I don't even remember when my build date is! It is scheduled to be delivered the weeek after slyfoxxmi's car. I hope it doesn't come much earlier as I'll be in KC for training the week before. I'd HATE it if hubby went to pick up the car without me!

Kristi, don't let him pick it up without you!

Originally posted by Kristi:
You guys! I'm trying to be sedate about the delivery of my car. After waiting a year, you'd think I could be calm. But after reading that a T-bird just 247 numbers lower than our VIN left the plant..... I don't even remember when my build date is! It is scheduled to be delivered the weeek after slyfoxxmi's car. I hope it doesn't come much earlier as I'll be in KC for training the week before. I'd HATE it if hubby went to pick up the car without me!

Did I mention I was trying to remain calm? This is so not helping! Next week is going to be the longest week ever!
Thanks, redbird, for the info - how I'd love to be there to watch the line! yellowwing1, some men are just born to be mean. Hubby will torment me everyday that I can't make it to see my car if I'm in training. I may have to resort to "you pick it up, you pay for it"! Meanwhile I've got some reviewing of this board to do, regarding extended warranty and financing. Like that will keep me calm....
wink.gif

OHHHHHHhhh Kristi, thats a good one. "You pick it up you pay for it"
Don't forget to shop around for the warranty.
Many differant prices at differan dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back