T-Bird Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a number of threads in prior months about one of our group assembling a Thunderbird music CD. There were all kinds of suggestions for songs. Has anyone actually created or arranged for such a CD? Or are there copyright problems doing this for $$$.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

rolleyes.gif
2birdblue, I made my cd but yes you can make your own but can't sell copys because of copy right's. There was someone else on the board at that time that was working on getting the copy rights for his cd but haven't heard anything for quite a while now. If you have a burner and spend a lot of time downloading them you can make your own.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

The last I heard, Tip is working on that with Birdman93 and Ford. Ford is very difficult to make any headway with. They move like a turtle sometimes (we remember the months of delays, not to mention "Manage the Wait"). I don't know if any progress has been made since I talked to Tip a couple of weeks ago, but at that time he was having difficulty even finding the right person at Ford to deal with.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

I have an actual mock up of a cd with 13 songs and sweet graphics for the jewel case insert. If anyone has a contact at Ford that they know will return a phone call or email, please let me know. The CD will be produced by a major record label so the quality of both the cd and the graphics will be first rate.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

Tip-

John and I are meeting with a couple of folks about Thunder and the 03 celebration-perfect time to bring up the CD

------------------
**********, **************************

Tony,

What is your phone number and when is a good time to call you about the promo items for Thunder and the CD? What day will you be meeting in Dearborn and would it be possible for me to join in briefly? Send me an email at talisman@netonecom.net or call me at 800-781-0088. Thanks!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

Don't know if this will help or not; Starbucks started its collections of music while I was working for them a few years ago. Basically, there was a guy in some department - marketing, accounting, something - who was known to be a music afficianado with a great ear. He was tapped to select music for the stores, and eventually it led to a deal with Blue Note records for Starbucks first compilation for public sale, "Blue Note Blend", which sold something in excess of 75,000 copies. They now have what amounts to their own record label "www.starbucks.com/hearmusic". The same guy is still in charge. His name is Timothy Jones. I'm sure he went through - along with Starbucks legal staff - the whole copyright thing, and negotiations with the record companies, and may have a fair amount of knowledge. The main office number is (206) 447-7950. You might be able to reach him through that number.

Thanks for the thought, Niteflight. I'm actually already working with the recording company that produced the CD's for Starbucks. What I need is someone at Ford to take some interest in the project.

------------------

Yellow '76

Oh! Cool. Maybe some inquiries from the recording company's legal department about use of Ford's trademarked materials like the Thunderbird logo would get the wheels turning inside FoMoCo? If they get the impression something's moving ahead with or without them.......

At any rate, sounds like you're way ahead of me on this, and well into it. So, I will wish you luck and look forward to seeing and hearing the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back