Sudden 57 Electrical Issue

Did you ever find the root cause? We all would like to know the issue. I have no experience with electronic ignitions but when my resistor started going bad it would have an intermittent connection that would kill the engine or cause it to work enough to get me home.
A similar symptom can be shown with a failing condenser in the distributor

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Did you ever find the root cause? We all would like to know the issue. I have no experience with electronic ignitions but when my resistor started going bad it would have an intermittent connection that would kill the engine or cause it to work enough to get me home.

Good morning, Ward -

I apologize for not reporting back. Yes, I did figure out the problem. My positive battery cable that goes from the solenoid to the starter had rubbed on the firewall long enough to wear a very small spot in the insulation, which caused the cable to ground to the firewall. The spot was so small that I missed it the first time I examined the cable. A trip to O'Reilly's Auto Parts for a new cable solved the issue.

Back