Strange rattle from dash

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 500 miles on the car the front part of the dash where it meets the windshield has started to rattle...It starts at about 80mph. I reached forward to feel the dash and noticed it is very thin and flimsy...If it continues I will bring it in to the deakership. Anyone else have the same problem?

------------------

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a creaking from the dash that can only be heard at very low speeds, usually when turning into my driveway or leaving a parking lot. I was going to take it in when I get some time -- meaning when the weather gets bad and I won't want to keep driving it.

Hey-a little "Shake, rattle and roll" never hurt anybody! LOL

Seems that this would show up eventually-hopefully the engineers are able to correct the problem. But we may have to live with some minor noises, being the cars were designed as convertibles.

Anyone else have feedback on this one?

------------------

SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL, Well you should take a ride in my 69 Vette. Now there are some strange noises. Sounds like it's about to self destruct. P.S. stevem, the advice is FREE.

GoBird-

I have a little baby that does just fine in the "Shake Rattle and Roll" dept.-my first Ford product, which I still have:

1966 Roots/Sunbeam Tiger Mk1-has a 289 up front that was modified for racing and belts out 320HP in a car the size of an MG Midget-bloody thing tries to spit me out the back on take-off!

------------------

Birdman93 I'ed like to have that engine in my 73 MGB.At least it would be worth the tourture I need to go through to get into it.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING
69 Vette
73 MGB
95 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

So far no rattles inside or out from 0 MPH to 135 MPH. Very slight wind noise at rear edge of passenger door window.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

The ONLY flaw I've noticed in my 'Bird is indeed the slight creaking from the dash. I've noticed it more on rough roads than at any particular speed. I thought I would let the service people know when I take it in for its first checkup (after the Route 66 trip, I already have almost 3,000 miles). It isn't horribly bothersome, but maybe it can be taken care of.

Thanks for the help with my so called dash rattle...it was the engine cover...loosened it and then tightened it back up....the sound is gone....saved me a trip to the dealer...it sure sounded like it was the dash.

------------------

stevem

I thought I had fixed the rattle with the loose engine cover but it was actually the plastic strip that rests against the windshield just below the wipers that was causing the problem. The middle of the strip was not resting flat on the windshield and it had bowed up about 1/4 inch. At around 70-80 mph it would vibrate against the glass. It will have to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back