Steering gear Clamp or Pin style 1963

FoxyRoxy

FoxyRoxy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am having a shop change out my box. How to tell without disassembling anything if it is a clamp or pin style attachment? Need to make sure they order correct part.

You can tell if there is no rag joint then its a pin (usually covered by a bracket). If its a clamp, its part of the rag joint.

Aha.Thank you. Did some homework last night and I see the difference now. I'm having trouble finding a new rag joint. I see allot of repair kits but only full refurbished I see specifically for a 63 they want like $200 for with a core. There is also a rubber grommet seal on the end of the column shaft that looks like it's in a bad shape but can't seem to find a part.. Any thoughts?

Sure I purchased one from tbirdhq.com - part no B3513B. Wow I should get commission :)

Attachments

• IMG_5788.JPEG
    IMG_5788.JPEG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
:)Thank you. Forgot I had that catalog. Crazy it's 29.95. I've read that the rag joint rebuild kit bolts are problematic. There has to be somewhere that sells them ready to swap.

I see.. That B3513 part is a huge cover. What I'm looking at us a rubber grommet that fits on the steering shaft between the upper side clamp of the rag joint and the shaft bracket.

Back