SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

• Thread starter waitingpatientlynomore
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waitingpatientlynomore

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Certainly I can't be the only one who is experiencing this problem. Every now and then there is a real annoying "itching" sound coming from the top of my dash. I know it has something to do with the defroster vent but I can't figure out waht makes this noise come and go---I know that it's one of those things if you take it to a dealer they won't be able to find. I also know that it has something to do with the defroster vent because when I reach forward and press on it while it is making the noise I can somewhat stop it. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Can any of my enterprising fellow Thunderbirders give me advice? HELP!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

This probably has nothing to do with your problem but I heard a similar sound coming from my dash from around the defroster vent. I could not find it; until I found I had left the radio "on" with the volume turned almost all the way down.

Waiting, While you were temporarly off the board a few people posted the same noise in the defroster area. Then someone said that they found that the plastic engine cover was loose. A clip or two was not properly engaged into its socket. Correcting this problem rid the "itching" noise in what they thought was coming from the defroster vent area.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon--I saw that about the engine cover and I did check it out---it couldn't be on any tighter. I know my problem is the defroster vent because when I touch it while it is making the sound I can stop it.

Waitingpatietlynomore,

Darn, I was crossing my fingers for you in hopes it would be just that simple. Sorry.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back