Soft top replacement for '02 - '05 T Bird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
That seems way too high for an install even if the top and glass cost $800-900. I might start a business installing tops on Thunderbirds. Lol

Is it an easy job to replace the outer shell of the soft top or should it be left for the experts?
I believe my shop manual shows how to replace the soft top. This site has an electronic version of that manual which should be good for all soft top years. Sounds like a good winter project while waiting for spring. I have seen Hartz tops for under $800.
If I’m not mistaken I’ve seen some on e-bay- https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_...teid=0&campid=5338236430&toolid=20008&mkevt=1

Not rocket science, provided you know which end of the screwdriver to use..

Last edited by a moderator:
I would put it in the category of something you could do - but, could you do it well? (Would you be pleased with your results? You could get the top on sure, but is the fabric nice and tight with no wrinkles? Or, is it too tight and difficult to close?) You are paying for the craftsmanship to do it well.

Hello all I'm new to retro bird, found nice original 44,000 mile car. I would like to find new soft top made in white color as I think that will make my blackbird look more retro. does any one make one at a reasonable price?

Back