Sequential tail lights 1964

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have them. To be honest, it's been a long time and I don't remember exactly who I bought them from, but what I have consists of two modules, one for each taillight.
It also helps that I have new lamp sockets from NAPA (the originals were rusty). So I have wires to work with. I pulled out each taillight, removed the old sockets, cleaned up and repainted with chrome-silver paint, then installed the new sockets. Very neatly, with cable ties, solder, and shrink wrap, I wired up the new sockets with the corresponding module, then reinstalled the assembly on the car. There is a new wire -- one on each side, that needs to be run to the front. This is a control wire, that tells the module that the lamp is being lit for a turn signal vs. brake. The instructions say to connect them to the indicator lights. Don't; it won't work. Connect them instead to the FRONT turn signals in the parking lights. I tapped these in at the base of the steering wheel.

They work beautifully, although admittedly the left signal doesn't always sequence. The reason is a probable bad connection at the parking light "tap", just haven't had the time to investigate. But overall they work well. The only difference between these and the original 1965-66 design is that these don't make any noise.

Back