Sad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LON O'CONNELL

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
My son-in-laws mother & father who live nine house south of me had there T-Bird in the garage, VIN 1FAHP60AX2Y112549. While everyone was out of the house & at work or school the inside of there house was gutted by fire this morning. The garage is attached but did not have any fire in it. The T-Bird is heavly smoke damaged and all possessions inside the house were lost.

Texas has had a bad problem with black mold the last year or two and this year everybody's home owners policy premium's have been skyrocketing. Two months ago the Ramirez's were told that theirs was going up from $1,200 a year to $3,000. For some reason Mrs. Ramirez told the insurance company they were not going to renew and that she would find someone else to cover the house. Well she never got this done and now have lost everything with no coverage. At least the T-Bird has insurance.

Just thought I would pass this along as all of us 02 T-Bird owners are such a close knit family.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Our insurance allows a waiver to be signed
that excludes the mold and all else is the
same. Price about the same as before.

Have never let insurance lapse. Paid the
premiums than shopped around, let them send
a refund when finally cancelled the policy.

-

That is a terrible shame, Lon. Mixed in with those lost possessions were many lost memories, I'm sure. You and they have my condolences.

Our sympathy and our prayers go out to you and your sons in-laws, Lon. Fire is a terrible enemy and I worry about it all the time. All the insurance in the world can't replace the memories and treasures of a lifetime, but it certainly does help in the rebuilding effort. So sorry, but thank goodness, no injuries.

Being a retired Fire fighter, I have seen this happen before and it is always sad to see some one lose so much. It's awful enough to lose all your belongings, but like others have said before me, at least everyone is unhurt. John

Awful news, Lon. We give thanks every day that we return home and round the curve of the road and can view the home and see that it is still safe.

Thankfully, no one was injured. My prayers go out to them.

What a terrible loss! I was reading your post and it sent chills up and down my spine. It is something the rest of us hope will never happen. Is there somewhere I can send money to? I am sure this board is willing to help. At least I would hope so.....Please let us know....
Sandie

Please provide some verifiable documentation of this tragic event and I'll try to help you set up something to take donations online.

BTW, I'm not calling you a liar, but unfortunately there is a lot of fraud online specifically regarding these types of things.

------------------
Tbird

I wasn't posting to ask for donations, but am sure the Ramirez family would be grateful. I also want to thank everyone who said the kind words and offered help. I also thank T-Bird and his kind gesture. I scanned three pictures from this mornings paper and sent them to T-Bird. The short article says that the Fire Department placed the loss at about $100,000. Thanks again everybody.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back