rough idle morning

J

jacksrebels

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Morning start up, car idles very rough, won't take throttle. Shut it off and take off, it will clear up if accelerating
quite a bit. Then clears up and no problem. Any thoughts. JacksRebels

Second post Any help ??

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

So I'm a little confused by your ques. Are you saying that when the car is started it idles rough and when you try to give gas it gets better?.. or worse? On cold starts the air/gas mixture is different than when the car warms up, hence why the car idles a bit higher during cold starts. So your air/gas mixture is not correct. The first place to start is if the roughness gets worse when trying to give gas then you are lacking enough air. Clean your MAF, change the air filter. If the car gets better when you give gas then you are lacking enough fuel in the mixture so I would check the gas filter. These are first steps that are the cheapest. If you do all these things and it still idles rough then you should go to a shop where you can leave it overnight. Then have the shop owner in the morning attach a code reader and start it and see if any codes come up.

Back