Rock Auto Reviews Warning RockAuto.com

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Read the Trustpilot reviews before buying from Rock Auto! Everything is fine unless you have a problem with your order! Here is my story which pales in comparison to some of the ones on TrustPilot!

I've been buying parts from Rock Auto and not had a problem with the order until recently. As I always say, you find out what type of person someone is when you have a difference of opinion or problem. Same applies to business. I actually have contacts for company leaders, so I emailed a couple of them about my problem after customer service ignored several messages. I emailed the Rock Auto owner, Tom Taylor tom@rockauto.com, and received a delivery confirmation from the email server, and he 100% ignored me. The marketing manager Flamur Adili emailed back claiming that Jeff and Ashley replied to your emails on 11/5 and 11/6 which was not true. I asked him to forward the messages and he agreed, and I never got anything.

Here is the email they ignored. Basically, if you have a problem with this company, they ignore emails and messages.

Tom-
Customer service has ignored my email on 11/4 & 11/5 for an issue with a replacement part -FEL VS50458R f9r Order 15XXXXXXX. Is your company having issues because of COVID-19? Order is under ****@**********.com and I did use the website to initiate my return with understanding this is part of your business model.

Can one of you forward this to someone for help? Also, my cell is ***-***-****

Shipping department crammed a part inside a box too small and bent the part. I requested a replacement part on the website which said a replacement would ship as soon as the label scanned and I sent it back yesterday via FedEX, but the website shows you are waiting for the return for a refund and nothing about my replacement part being sent at all.

Thank you for your assistance.

PS your trustpilot reviews are filled with similar complaints. If you don't fix your customer service problems over time, you will steadily lose customers. Even if you are a successful business, if you fix these problems you read on trustpilot and BBB you could make even more money! I hope my suggestions help you! I grew up in a family business and also I am self-employed. I know things can get crazy wearing so many hats and things slip through the cracks.
20201104_191636_resized.jpg20201104_191301_resized.jpg20201104_190027_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Read the Trustpilot reviews before buying from Rock Auto! Everything is fine unless you have a problem with your order! Here is my story which pales in comparison to some of the ones on TrustPilot!

I've been buying parts from Rock Auto and not had a problem with the order until recently. As I always say, you find out what type of person someone is when you have a difference of opinion or problem. Same applies to business. I actually have contacts for company leaders, so I emailed a couple of them about my problem after customer service ignored several messages. I emailed the Rock Auto owner, Tom Taylor tom@rockauto.com, and received a delivery confirmation from the email server, and he 100% ignored me. The marketing manager Flamur Adili emailed back claiming that Jeff and Ashley replied to your emails on 11/5 and 11/6 which was not true. I asked him to forward the messages and he agreed, and I never got anything.

Here is the email they ignored. Basically, if you have a problem with this company, they ignore emails and messages.

Tom-
Customer service has ignored my email on 11/4 & 11/5 for an issue with a replacement part -FEL VS50458R f9r Order 15XXXXXXX. Is your company having issues because of COVID-19? Order is under ****@**********.com and I did use the website to initiate my return with understanding this is part of your business model.

Can one of you forward this to someone for help? Also, my cell is ***-***-****

Shipping department crammed a part inside a box too small and bent the part. I requested a replacement part on the website which said a replacement would ship as soon as the label scanned and I sent it back yesterday via FedEX, but the website shows you are waiting for the return for a refund and nothing about my replacement part being sent at all.

Thank you for your assistance.

PS your trustpilot reviews are filled with similar complaints. If you don't fix your customer service problems over time, you will steadily lose customers. Even if you are a successful business, if you fix these problems you read on trustpilot and BBB you could make even more money! I hope my suggestions help you! I grew up in a family business and also I am self-employed. I know things can get crazy wearing so many hats and things slip through the cracks.

View attachment 15178View attachment 15179View attachment 15180
I had no idea this was a thing with them. But, makes sense. I just recently had to return an order which they sent me the shipping label for. All I did was print and tape it to the box. Later I received an email telling me that I shipped it to the wrong location and therefore had to pay for it to be sent to the correct location. Which ended up being close to $10.00. I thought it was Shady, Smh.

I never used Rock Auto until I needed a steering box rebuilt. The rebuilder suggested I contact Rock as they were cheaper than having it done it directly by them???? So I contactd Rock seeking info on how to handle it and what the price was. All I got back was a form letter which came no where near addressing the issue.

So never going to do business with them

Back