Rhythmic thumping coming from rear speakers

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good morning, all!

I have a 2003 Thunderbird that has a strange (fast) rhythmic thumping noise coming out of the rear speakers. It has an aftermarket Kenwood deck that the last owner put in, and I thought that it might be the issue, but when I put a new unit in it's place, the same sound is there.

I have pulled all of the excess wiring from behind the dash (I have no idea what this guy was doing, but there were wires EVERYWHERE back there), and looked for frayed or cut wires, but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am afraid I don't know a lot about the factory system in this car, other than I am pretty sure it has an amplifier for the subwoofers stashed somewhere. I thought there might be another amp for the front and rear speakers somewhere causing the issue, but I am also not sure if that is accurate or where it might even be.

Any help or hints (or even knowledge about the factory system) would be greatly appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It could be that the speakers are the problem, try replacing them and see if that fixes it.

Back