rear window defroster

Status
Not open for further replies.
timests24
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2005 T-bird, bought few months ago, installed hardtop back on it, rear window defroster doesn't work, checked wires at pin and they look good. Checked fuse in truck it's OK. Button lites up on dash when on as it should. Bumped the convertible top up then back down to insure it was all the way in down position, didn't help. Suggestions?:confused:

Not sure if this helps, but if the battery is the original one, check its grounding in the trunk. Just a thought

On the passenger side there is a foil cover on the receiving latch for the hard top and the convertible top. When I was installing the hardtop I messed that patch up and have not tried the window defroster since, but if you are having a problem I would check the condition of that connection.

As soon as weather permits I'm going to set off the hardtop, raise the soft top and see if that defroster works, check the continuity on the hardtop heater circuit make sure it is not open on the window. I will also check the connection for the hardtop pin and see if the voltage is correct going to it. Maybe it will have voltage going to the pin if I let the soft top all the way down. That's my game plan at this point. I'll post what I find as soon as I know and will keep a check on this post for other suggestions. The hardtop was bought just before I bought the car. I don't think the defroster has ever been turned on with it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back