Rear deck protective tape 2002-2005

For hardtop creaks make sure you have the plastic bushing that goes on top of the tower that accepts the drivers side locating pin that’s on the hard top.get you some real marine grade silicone comes in a tub like grease massage into all the rubber you can reach.divers use it to treat diving equipment it’s a true pure silicone with no petroleum.

I presume this is the "flat" type of weatherstrip? Does the 3/8" measurement represent thickness or width? I presume this is applied to the deck, not to the hardtop? Thanks.
Width

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I found rear deck protective tape for my 2003 Tbird. It is InvisiGARD #IPP-FRD-1004g from autotrimdesign.net for $59.99. Has anyone found something better or abandoned the strips altogether? Thanks Tim
Yes I have a2004 when I bought the car it had a thin stainless steel plate between top and body no issues or problems gametaker leo red Thunderbird

I have a 2004 Thunderbird with the hardtop that has never been removed. Before I remove it, what should I replace the old tape with? I check at my Ford Dealer and I can get the replacement kit (for $503) What is the best approach to remove the top and how often do I have to replace the tape?

I had 3M paint protection film installed instead of the Ford Mylar strips. Worked great, much less noticeable and significantly less expensive.

A company in Westford MA makes a stainless strip that is permanent and eliminates the need for the tape and I have had it on for over 15 years without issue. Sometimes they advertise on eBay.

A company in Westford MA makes a stainless strip that is permanent and eliminates the need for the tape and I have had it on for over 15 years without issue. Sometimes they advertise on eBay.
I have the metal strip also. Works great (and looks good.) Much better than tape.

Here's a link to the eBay ad. This ad has been up for a long time. ~$175

I've considered getting this, but it looks kinda narrow. I've wondered if the padding on the underside of the hardtop is completely insulated by this strip. It seems like the hardtop and padding might overlap the strip a little. Can anyone who has it comment on this? TIA

Here's a link to the eBay ad. This ad has been up for a long time. ~$175

I've considered getting this, but it looks kinda narrow. I've wondered if the padding on the underside of the hardtop is completely insulated by this strip. It seems like the hardtop and padding might overlap the strip a little. Can anyone who has it comment on this? TIA
I have had no issue with the coverage or protection it provides….but the cost has really escalated.

Hello, looking for advice on locating after market hard top sealer tape for my 03 t-bird... I believe the ford part no. is 202W30. Gotto be a less expensive alternative than 500.00! Thanks

Back