Radio info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The amps are under the the top bin behind the rear package shelf as are the two Bass speakers. They are hidden under the cloth. There is no mention of a changer connection nor is there any provision for satellite radio receivers. This last point I find a bit distressing as most of the new cars from Chrysler and GM have a place to add a module for satellite radio. Ford, however, does not in their 2002's but will in many 2003 radios.

The radio drives the 2 front speakers (doors) & 2 rear speakers and a center-image amp drives 2 center console speakers and the subwoofer amp drives 2 subwoofers in the convertible top well for a total of 8 speakers. The wiring diagram does not show any connectors for a changer. The center-image amp is under the dash on the left, and the subwoofer amp is on the right subwoofer.

For a little radio fun; while listening to a radio station, press the 3 and the 6 buttons at the same time. For more fun, immediately after pressing the 3 & 6, then press one of the 1 through 6 buttons, then for more, press the tune button for diagnostic and software codes. The fail code (2003) for the remote disc changer will always show since it doesn't exist.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq. #7505
partial blue premium, no top

So it looks like I will rip the radio out. I had the subs go out on an engine startup, but they came back when I stopped and restarted the car (ignition on/off). That means I will need both a harness and a radio bracket. Any hints here???

I did the self test on my radio and it failed. I have suspected that the read amp was faulty buy now I guess I have confirmation. I'd like someone else to do the self test and post the results please. Press 3&6 together, then button 1. Wait about 2 minutes while it performs the test and it should say test pass -- Mine said test fail. Please let me know. thanks.

It always fails when it checks the for the external CD changer.

Press the tune button to step through the fail codes or press 2 to see the previous codes (eject resets).

The subwoofer II test is actually the center image test.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq. #7505
partial blue premium, no top

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back