Power Steering question

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Removed/installed pump (several times) to do other work. Now there is no steering assist. Pulled the pump apart, everything clear, relief doesn't seem to be stuck. Haven't checked the R&P yet. I know putting on the new pump won't fix the problem (like it would for anyone else). Ford book is rotten in diagnosing pump problems. Anyone else encounter similar problems? The pulley is turning the pump shaft, no fluid is leaving the resivoir. Fluid flows through pump when pressure line disconnected (car off). Two wire connector plugged in.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Removed/installed pump (several times) to do other work. Now there is no steering assist. Pulled the pump apart, everything clear, relief doesn't seem to be stuck. Haven't checked the R&P yet. I know putting on the new pump won't fix the problem (like it would for anyone else). Ford book is rotten in diagnosing pump problems. Anyone else encounter similar problems? The pulley is turning the pump shaft, no fluid is leaving the resivoir. Fluid flows through pump when pressure line disconnected (car off). Two wire connector plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back