Passenger Door Lock

Today I finally got around to troubleshoot the passenger side door lock. I looked up all past post and I appreciated the pics on the door panel removal, I verified that the switch itself worked by placing it on the drivers side and it worked. Next I took off the door lock actuator, found one in town and replaced it. It did not work. I checked the leads at the switch for voltage and was ok. Then I checked at the connector at the actuator and got quick spurt of voltage (low) when hitting the switch and then nothing. I've checked all fuses in the car (kick panel, trunk, engine) and all are good, Could this be a computer module problem? Stumped right now.

Today I finally got around to troubleshoot the passenger side door lock. I looked up all past post and I appreciated the pics on the door panel removal, I verified that the switch itself worked by placing it on the drivers side and it worked. Next I took off the door lock actuator, found one in town and replaced it. It did not work. I checked the leads at the switch for voltage and was ok. Then I checked at the connector at the actuator and got quick spurt of voltage (low) when hitting the switch and then nothing. I've checked all fuses in the car (kick panel, trunk, engine) and all are good, Could this be a computer module problem? Stumped right now.
I had this problem as soon as my warranty was up (of course). Dealer replaced either the FEM or REM. You may want to check those somehow.

This rod is supposed to connect to the DRIVER side lock mechanism and the exterior door lock cylinder. However, I of course didn't take picture of this particular connection before I started, like a goof.

I was able to replace the actuator and auto locks are working great, but I can't figure this out and am worried about the battery dying and getting locked out of the car.

Does anyone have any info how this rod from the driver side door mechanism connects to the exterior key cylinder?
20201104_185805.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: