Old Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this has been posted many times but I never wrote it down because my car was soooo far down on the list. Now I have a Vin# and would like to have the 800#. Plus do I need the dealer num.to get info from this phone call and there was something about not giving letters on the answering service. Any help welcome.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Gobird,

The number is to check on the status of your car is:

1-800-962-3746

You choose the the "voice" option and verbally speak the commands into the phone each step of the way.

You can most likely use any dealer code, as I have given it to others that have ordered from other dealers and they still get through the system using my dealer code.

My dealer code is: 21005

You will then speak your full VIN number into the phone and listen as the system reads it back to you to make sure that they have it correctly.

You will then get the current status of the car.

That's all that there is to it!

GoBird-

If I would have known you were waiting for a blue/blue premium, I would have told you about the one sitting in Monticello, Iowa-previous buyer canceled-car is set at $43,300.

------------------

Originally posted by TbirdTim:
Gobird,

1-800-962-3746

You choose the the "voice" option and verbally speak the commands into the phone each step of the way.

You can most likely use any dealer code, as I have given it to others that have ordered from other dealers and they still get through the system using my dealer code.

You will then speak your full VIN number into the phone and listen as the system reads it back to you to make sure that they have it correctly.

I think you are missing a part of the dealer code, as I recall 21G669 would be a dealer code. Maybe they are different now.

TBird

Originally posted by TbirdTim:
Gobird,

1-800-962-3746

Forgot to mention, the dealer code is somewhere on the Window Sticker of a new car where is tells the ship to:

Tbird

Thanks everyone. I'll give it a try.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293

The first two digits of the dealer code represent the region that the dealer is in, ie. 21 is the Atlanta region. The alpha character is the zone within the region, and the last 3 digits are the dealers number within the region.

Ford does not want retail customers using the dealer's status phone lines. If you get an operator, be prepared to be told that you are not to use the dealer's lines.

Too many people get a build/ship/eta date from the scheduling system and want to take it as a promise. It is not. It is a planning tool.

Be judicious.

It would probably be a good idea not to post the Ford business numbers on the board. Many of the veteran members have the numbers and would be best communicated privately. If they are overused and/or abused, the numbers could be changed and then we would all be out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back