Oil Filter pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go to a local dealer (neither my selling nor my servicing dealer) today to pick up a Motorcraft FL-2008 filter. I was almost aghast at the price...$14.94 including sales tax!

Just curious what others have found.

KB

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

To2Bird, don't feel too bad I specal ordered 5 Fram filters from Pep Boys and paid about the same price. Now I don't want to use them.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

eek.gif
wpnm, the filter I took off the Bird for the first time was made in the UK. That should tell us something. OOPS I misread your post.Anyway they came from the same country.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

I got the same pricing when I called. I'll try to pick up some from a wholesaling Ford dealer and bring them to the outing on May 4.
If I can get them at 40% off, that will put them at $9.00 + tax.
I suspect that they are made in England and the price from Ford is based on a higher transfer cost than if they were made here.
It is really out of line with other filters. But, since I'm convinced that it is the best filter for the application, I'll stay with it.
P.S. Motorcraft 5W20 oil prices are coming down and many dealers are puting it in their bulk tanks instead of 5W30 for their oil change operations. (A little more cost, but a much better oil - synthetic blend).

-

RedBrdDlx,

You mention Motorcraft synthetic is a better oil.
I have never used a synthetic blend in a car driven at least once every 10 days.
I use a synthetic in my AMX 390 with 315 HP and high compresion. But I drive it rarely, acouple of times a year at most.

I am not sure of any advantages to Motorcraft oil or filters, other than paying the very extremely rich FORD dealers more money than it is worth for the product that has comps in other brands.

GoBird,
I feel the Fram oil filters you bought are worth using. We have three engine rebuilders working at my Firestation and no one has ever heard of engine breakdown from any Fram filter!

I have used nothing but KN oil filters in all my vehicles for the past four years. I feel they are the best filter for the price, and all my vehicles run great. I also have used Valvoline multi-wt oil for 35 years in my Fords and love it.

KN will have a filter for 02 Birds this month or next. Most are priced at $9.99 and are built to run 5,000 miles at peak performance.

------------------
'56 Fiesta Red Bird
'02 Neiman Marcus Bird
Can't find a better way to Fly!

Well, I made a decision which I've never done before. I went ahead and purchased the maintenance package.

All Oil Changes, Oil Filters, Wiper Blades, Brake Pads, Air Filters, Fuel Filters, any maintenance or wear item for 4 years. I made the decision becasue I go though brake pads like you would not believe. If I get 2 brake jobs out of the deal, I figure my Oil changes are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back