Oil Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how often people who do not use the car as a daily driver are planning to change their oil. Mine has 1,500 miles and I've had it since late September, but have not yet changed the oil. Is it smart to change it with such low mileage, or should you just follow the owner's manual recommendations and wait until 3,000-5,000 miles?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've been changing mine every 3000 miles, but now that I've got 10,000 on it, I'm goin gto staart changing every 5,000. Since you are driving so little, if I was you, I'd think about changing it every 6 months at the outside. The oil will accumulate moisture just from sitting, or driving short distances and that moisture can be damaging too.

Yeah I agree with David, my stored for the Winter cars get changed before going to bed and when waking up and around 3000 to 3500 miles between. (2000 first time) So that will be about three times a year for me. Don't expect to get more then about 7000 miles a year on her.

My normal cars I do around 4,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back