New Search Feature on Ford Thunderbird Forum!

tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
New Forum Feature- I spent Friday night upgrading the search feature on the website! This new state of the art search will provide faster and much better search results! Topics will now automatically appear when you type the search box at the upper right hand ride of the page (little magnifying glass icon on mobile). You can also hit enter to get all the search results. You will also notice at the bottom of each thread, there are now 5 related posts listed at the bottom on the page! Check out the new search feature today and let me know what you think!
You must be logged in to use the search feature!

Let me know what you think about the new search, and any suggestions or problems you experience using the search.

I don't get paid for working on the website. The site costs are supported by users like yourself. If you want to chip in with the software financial costs and time involved, I would appreciate it! I am able to do this because of all the financial support from our contributing members! Thank you! Your membership upgrade helps purchase ads, pay for software and the server, but I also see it as a pat on the back for my 16 years of hard work on this website! There is a very good chance the existing lifetime memberships will switch to annual memberships, so if you have been on the fence, upgrade today and get grandfathered in! Click here& to learn more about supporting the forum.

I applaud anything you do to make searching easier and more meaningful. I do have a question about the way the year models are divided into the groups. If this is not the proper place to ask, I apologize in advance but I didn't know where else to pose the question. Anyway, I have always been curious about the 1967-1988 bracketing. I understand you can't have a "bracket" for each and every year, but there is a HUGE difference in the cars within this bracket. A bracket system like 1967-1971, 1972-1976, 1977-1979, and then 1980-1988 as an example would place similar vehicles into the same bracket. I suspect it may be a little late in the game to address, as it would have been a lot easier if it had been done from the start. Thanks in advance!

I applaud anything you do to make searching easier and more meaningful. I do have a question about the way the year models are divided into the groups. If this is not the proper place to ask, I apologize in advance but I didn't know where else to pose the question. Anyway, I have always been curious about the 1967-1988 bracketing. I understand you can't have a "bracket" for each and every year, but there is a HUGE difference in the cars within this bracket. A bracket system like 1967-1971, 1972-1976, 1977-1979, and then 1980-1988 as an example would place similar vehicles into the same bracket. I suspect it may be a little late in the game to address, as it would have been a lot easier if it had been done from the start. Thanks in advance!

Several reasons.
There is not enough activity in 1972-1976 or 1977-1979 to have their own forum for example. If it was broken down by generation we would have 11 forums. It's hard enough managing the forums we have because people don't follow directions, post in the wrong forum etc.

First generation (1955–1957)
Second generation (1958–1960)
Third generation (1961–1963)
Fourth generation (1964–1966)
Fifth generation (1967–1971)
Sixth generation (1972–1976)
Seventh generation (1977–1979)
Eighth generation (1980–1982)
Ninth generation (1983–1988)
Tenth generation (1989–1997)
Eleventh generation (2002–2005)

Am coming to the end of the first summer of enjoying my ‘02 white Bird! Hate the thought of storing it for our Canadian winters, but I’ve done this for decades with my MGB Roadsters! I still own a ‘74 B, the last of the chrome bumper model. Can’t bring myself to sell it just yet. I’ve had it out once this summer! But the T Bird has taken over!!

Back